Brand: PFLEX Code: PR-02A
Life-care Vaginal Probe
- A simple easy to use vaginal electrode
- Rounded end
- Tapered for improved fit and stays in place during treatment
- Ideal for pelvic pain patients
- Lightweight, hollow construction
- Single person use only
The Life-care vaginal electrode is a comfortable, internal vaginal electrode with side -positioned stainless steel contact plates, designed to make contact with the levator ani (deep layer of pelvic floor muscles) on the right and left sides when inserted in the vagina.
Life-care vaginal electrode is suitable for use with the Pericalm , Pelvitone Continence and TENS electrical stimulation devices.
It can also be used with the Peritone and Simplex EMG biofeedback devices .
Insertion and Use:
- Usually easiest lying on your back with knees bent comfortably but can be inserted and used in side lying
- For best contact with the muscles to be stimulated, the electrode plates should be facing your hips (ie left and right) not your tailbone and pubic bone unless advised by your treating health professional.
- Only insert the body of the electrode, the flange at the end where the leads exit the electrode MUST remain outside the vagina.
- During a contraction of the pelvic floor muscles when the stimulation machine is active you should feel the end of the probe dipping downwards towards your tailbone (feel via the flange)
- The sensation should be a strong buzzing type sensation, not painful. It may take you a few sessions to get used to the feeling before you can turn it up to elicit a contraction.
- Even without a contraction being elicited initially, the sensory input of the stimulation will help to reconnect your pelvic floor with the sensory and motor cortexes in the brain
Care of your electrode:
- Please handle your electrode with care, the wires in the leads are delicate.
- Insert and remove via the flange, NOT the leads.
- DO NOT wrap the leads around the electrode when storing.
- Clean your electrode before and after each use with warm soapy water. Let it dry and return it to its plastic bag and store in a safe dry place.
The Life-care is designed for single person use and should not be autoclaved. It is manufactured from medical grade materials but not in guaranteed sterile conditions and we therefore recommend cleaning before initial use.
Do not use if pregnant, during your period, or if you have a vaginal infection.
Before using electrical stimulation for the pelvic floor check here for further contraindications.
The metal electrodes contain a percentage of Nickel which may cause an allergic reaction in case of oversensitivity for Nickel.
The Life-care plus Gold plated PR-02A is suitable for those with nickel allergies
- Cable length: 25cm, to be used with our standard leadwire which makes all together about 1m 40 cm from the probe to the device.
- Terminations: standard "pigtail" 2mm diameter pins.
- Dimensions: length 76 mm, diameter 28 mm.
- Weight: 23.1 g
- CE Marked
The metal electrodes contain a percentage of Nickel which may cause a allergic reaction in case of oversensitivity for Nickel