Pericalm Pelvic Floor Stimulation Unit
Women DO NOT use electrical stimulation without first checking with your health professional if you have an IUD or pessary. Click HERE for other contraindications and to see how electrical stimulation works.
USA customers we cannot supply electrical stimulation machines to the USA click here for further information. Your order will be cancelled and refunded.
Electrical stimulation is particularly useful for anyone with a substantially weakened pelvic floor who has difficulty contracting their pelvic floor muscles. It can act as the first stage of an ongoing pelvic floor strengthening program, helping you to re-establish your ability to identify and contract your pelvic floor muscles correctly.
Men can use electrical stimulation with either anal or external electrodes, women can use it with anal, vaginal or external electrodes.
EMS (electrical muscle stimulation) units are widely used by physiotherapists in their practices and the Pericalm brings the same technology to the privacy of your own home, in a simple, user-friendly device.
The Pericalm is a high-quality unit, suitable for personal use at home or in a health professional practice setting. It has 6 pre-set programs, designed to help with a wide variety of pelvic floor problems
The preset programs mean that it is extremely easy to use. It's just a question of connecting your preferred electrode, selecting your preferred program, and switching on. Intensity can be controlled by the user, making the Pericalm an extremely user-friendly device. In use, electrical stimulation creates a tingling sensation that should never be uncomfortable.
- PR pain relief 2Hz, 175uS, 1 sec ramp, WORK cont, 25min
- STR1 stress UI 30Hz, 200uS, 1sec ramp, WORK 5sec REST 5sec, 25min
- STR2 stress UI 35Hz, 210uS, 1 sec ramp, WORK 5sec REST 10sec, 25min
- URGE 10Hz, 210uS, 1 sec ramp, WORK 5sec REST 6sec, 25min
- FURG frequency/urgency 10Hz, 250uS, 1sec ramp, WORK 5sec REST 10sec, 25min
- PFW workout & lack of sensitivity 2-30Hz sequential , 34min
- MEM 1, 2 or 3 customisable programs 2-100Hz; 50-450uS; 0.3- 9.9 ramp; work/rest 2-99sec but cannot be used on continuous; timer 5-60min
Choosing an electrode
The Pericalm does not come with its own electrode, but can be used with any of the vaginal or anal electrodes in our range. The Periform and Anuform are produced by the same manufacturer as the Pericalm and intended for use with it. However it is compatible with any of the electrodes in our range which you can view here
Troubleshooting questions answered here
Click here to download expert physiotherapy instructions on how to use your Pericalm electrical stimulation machine.
What is included?
What is included?
- Pericalm electrical stimulation device
- 9V battery
- 2 lead wires (leads that connect unit to electrode)
- User manual
- Soft carry case
Yes: 6 pre-programmed settings covering 2 programs for stress incontinence, 1 for urge, 1 for urge frequency, 1 for pelvic pain