Joyballs Secret Double
Brand: JoyDivisionCode: JBD
Joyballs are weighted balls ergonomically shaped to fit the shape of your vagina and assist with pelvic floor muscle strengthening exercises, also known as kegels.
Their unique design means no strings attached so the ball sits discreetly invisible within the vagina.
The ball within a ball design gives you feedback, increasing awareness of where your pelvic floor muscles are and how to contract them.The gentle vibration as you move increases the biofeedback.
Many vaginal weights claim to let you do your pelvic floor exercises without effort.
From a clinical point of view this is incorrect. The addition of vaginal weights and balls to your pelvic floor or kegel exercises should be viewed as feedback to :
- assist in knowing when to contract your pelvic floor muscles
- encourage endurance training in the pelvic floor muscles
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The weights provide feedback or awareness of your pelvic floor muscles. If they are weak, you will need to contract to hold the balls in - this elicits the correct pelvic floor muscle action.
- You should NOT just put the balls in and forget them, this can lead to over gripping and potentially cause overactivity of the pelvic floor.
- Use them for short periods 5- 10 mins, and try to do your pelvic floor contractions whilst they are inserted in the vagina - lift the weight and release it.
** All of our products come with an instruction sheet on how to get the best result from using your weighted vaginal balls - written by our pelvic floor physiotherapist.
- The weights can be used functionally - for example when hanging out the washing or making the bed . This will give feedback as to when during a movement you should contract the pelvic floor. If you do so at the wrong phase of movement the ball or weight will slip out of the vagina.
- It is not an all or nothing action - the pelvic floor should contract against rises in abdominal pressure - and this occurs during the exertion phase and holding phase of an action.
As an example : as you stand up out of a chair pressure increases in the abdomen, pushing down onto the pelvic floor. If you contract your pelvic floor as you stand up and gently exhale at the same time you wil be activating your support system correctly, reducing pressure on the pelvic organs, pelvic floor muscles and supportive tissue.
- It can also be helpful to practise coughing with the weighted balls in the vagina - this will give you a definate sense of when to contract the pelvic floor against a cough .
- Used for short periods ( eg up to 20 minutes) can assist in improving endurance in the pelvic floor muscles.
- Used for long periods ( hours ) IS NOT recommended
- no strings attached - patented removal loop
- discreetly invisible and quiet
- ergonomic design
- award winning design
- voted best female product 2012 and best European manufacturer 2014 in Erotix award
- universal design award 2013
- reddot design award 2013
- medical grade
- made from Silkomed® phalate and latex free
- suitable for use with water-based or silicone lubricants (it is not advisable to use oil based lubricant as this may cause degredation of the material)
CARING FOR YOUR JOYBALLS SECRET
- Wash your Joyball in soap and water before and after each use
- Store in the satin pouch provided and protect it by storing this in the toybox your Joyball arrived in
- Only use water-based or silicone-based lubricant
- 1 X JOYBALLS SECRET DOUBLE WEIGHT
- 1 X SATIN STORAGE BAG
- 1 X TOYBOX
- 1X MANUAL (* We also include exclusive how to instructions written by our pelvic floor physiotherapist to ensure you learn how to correctly use your Joyballs Secret)
- 1 x LUBRICANT SACHET
- 11.4 CM insertable length
- 37mm width