Brand: PFLEX Events
DATE : Saturday 12 October 2019
TIME : 9.00 am- 5.00pm (registration and coffee from 8.30am)
VENUE : Park Motor Inn - Essex Conference Centre
88 Margaret St, Toowoomba
PARKING: Free parking onsite, management suggest parking at the back of the property, close to the stairs to the Conference Centre which is located at the rear of the complex, right hand corner upstairs, last room on the end.
ACCOMMODATION: Available at corporate rate , please contact reception to book
Cost is inclusive of GST
The course is fully catered for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. Please advise any dietary requirements via email when registering.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- History of electrical stimulation
- Physiology of stimulation - how it works and what all the parameters mean
- Types of stimulation and neuromodulation, when and how to use what. NMES/TENS/TTNS
- An overview of what FES, PTNS, PENS, SNM and SCS are
- Electrodes - which one and why?
- Conditions we can treat with stimulation/neuromodulation, how it works for those conditions.
- By the end of the day you should be able to identify when to consider using electrical stimulation with a patient, which type to use and why, and be able to set up a custom program for your patient.
- The practical session will allow plenty of time for you to get hands on, know what different types of stimulation and parameters feel like and how to program a machine. (We will stay fully clothed for this section, using external pads on arms and legs, therefore suitable for everyone)
- This course is research-based and includes a large hands-on practical component. Be prepared to leave your current views and biases about electrical stimulation at the door as we take a really close look at how you might use this modality to enhance treatment for some of your patients.
PLEASE NOTE : You must be an AHPRA registered health professional with professional indemnity insurance to attend this course.
STRICTLY no refunds after 29th September 2019
Withdrawal will incur a $75 administration fee, even if we fill your place, due to the administration time it takes to contact waitlists and process refunds
Registration can be transferred to a colleague at any time at no cost as long as we are informed of the name change and the new registrant is a registered health professional. Financial arrangements are purely between you and the replacement registrant . PFLEX Pty Ltd will not be liable for a refund and re-registration