Olive & Bee*
Brand: Olive & BeeCode: OBIC
Olive & Bee Personal Cream
ABSOLUTELY NO chemicals, preservatives, flavours, colourings or additives.
100% Australian Made.
Olive & Bee was developed by women's health physiotherapist Claire Osterstock and a compounding chemist.
26 recipes were trialled before the perfect one was created which is now available and registered with the TGA.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil was chosen as a base, as it is naturally antibacterial and anti-fungal.
It is also high in antioxidants, hence is self-preserving without the need to add chemical preservatives.
Olive Oil also has a low comedogenic rating, so it is less likely to block pores than other oils such as coconut oil.
It was formulated with beeswax as this is a natural thickener with anti-inflammatory properties.
Both substances are anhydrous, which means they have low water activity, so don’t grow nasty bacteria, fungi or mould.
The low water content also means that they won’t interfere with vaginal pH as other substances can.
Why an Intimate Cream?
The term Intimate Cream is used as opposed to Personal Lubricant.
Firstly, this has less of a sexual connotation, which the developers felt makes the purchase easier.
Secondly, this product has multiple uses apart from intercourse and sexual intimacy
Women can experience vaginal dryness or itching from several causes:
- skin issue
This product is safe to use :
- as a vaginal , vulval or anal moisturiser
- for moisturising of sensitive mucosal tissues such as a protruding prolapse
- to help insert a pessary, dilator or even a suppository.
- In fact it can be used anywhere on the body – as a body moisturiser and heel cream and lip balm
- to keep skin moist, for example those with eczema will find it moisturises their skin to lock the bad bacteria out.
- It also makes a great massage oil, without leaving a greasy feeling on the skin.
Using clean, dry hands, apply product to the required area.
The product is not designed to absorb immediately, which increases the lubricating/moisturising effect.
Do not add water or allow any water to enter the product tube as this could cause contamination.
Store at room temperature and use within 12 months of opening.
- This product is NOT a contraceptive and is not compatible for use with condoms.
- Not to be taken.
- Do not use if you are allergic to olive oil or beeswax.
- If you experience any ill effects such as redness or itching, cease use immediately. Consult your doctor if symptoms persist.
- If using as a heel balm, do not walk directly after application as your feet will be slippery. Use at night before bed.
*Olive & Bee manufacturers source fresh, natural ingredients, there may be differences in colour and viscosity between batches.