Brand: NeuroTrac Code: ECS300
Women DO NOT use electrical stimulation without first checking with your health professional if you have an IUD or pessary, metal implants or clips such as Filshie clips used for tubal ligation. Click HERE for other contraindications and to see how electrical stimulation works. US customers click here
TENS is an abbreviation of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. Transcutaneous means "across the skin". In simple terms, a tens machine stimulates your nerves via an electrical current through your skin.
This unit is suitable to use for external sacral and tibial stimulation in the treatment of faecal incontinence and urgency as well as urinary urgency
The Tens NeuroTrac®
- Suitable for all types of pain relief
- Digital Dual Channel
- 11 Pre-set programmes for ease of use
- 3 Customizable constant mode programmes
- Ability to lock the unit
- Records time in use and average current
- User friendly
- Compact, light and reliable
Conventional TENS or Normal Mode
This mode enables the user to select any rate between 2 Hz - 200 Hz and a pulse width between 50 µS - 300 µS. This is the most frequently used of the three modes. The most common selection is 80 Hz with a 200 µS pulse width.
This mode is comparable to the low rate TENS technique except that each low rate pulse is substituted for by a short BURST of 9 pulses (200 µS) at 150 Hz. It is a combination of conventional and low rate TENS. The burst mode is often referred to as acupuncture like TENS.
This mode is designed to help prevent nerve accommodation that some patient's experience. It is achieved by continuously cycling the pulse width and rate.
- NeuroTrac TENS machine
- Storage pouch
- 9volt battery
- 2 x connector leads
- Adehesive electrodes 50 x 50 mm 4 pack
- Instruction book
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- TENS stimulation unit
- 9V Battery
- 2 lead wires ( connects unit to electrodes)
- User manual
- 1 x set of 4 50x50mm external adhesive electrodes
- Dual channel: individually isolated circuits.
- Amplitude: 0 - 80 mA into 500 Ohm load; indication only. Actual mA will tend to be less than indicated due to electrode impedance: at 1000 Ohms load (Electrodes in poor condition) the maximum will be limited to 70 mA, at 1500 Ohms load the maximum will be limited to 65 mA.
- Type: Constant Current, maximum output voltage 180 Volts +10 / -30 Volts
- Waveform: Asymmetrical, rectangular bi-phasic with zero DC current.
- Selectable pulse width: 50mS -300mS [2% accuracy].
- Pulse Rate selection: in the continuous mode 2 Hz - 200 Hz [2% accuracy].
- Mode: Continuous, Burst or Modulated.
- Burst mode: Bursts of 9 pulses [200 mS] at 150 Hz, repeating twice every second.
- Modulation mode: 6-second cycle of concurrent width modulation and pulse repetition rate modulation. Width starting at 200 mS and decreasing exponentially to 100 mS in three seconds and then returning back to 200 mS in the next three seconds. Rate starting at 100 Hz, decreasing exponentially to 65 Hz and then returning to 100 Hz.
- Time duration of the treatment selectable: 1 minute to 12 hours.
- Low Battery Indicator: If the battery goes below 6.9 volts +/- 0.2 volts the battery symbol will flash on/off once every second.
- If the battery voltage is below 6.6 (+/- 0.2) volts the unit will not turn on.
- Open Electrode Detect: If an open circuit is detected at the output of channel A or B the output current will be reset at zero.
Physical dimensions: 119.2 x 69 x 28.7 mm
Weight: 0.07KG without battery, 0.1KG with battery.
Environmental Conditions for use:
+10 to +30 degrees Centigrade. 0-90% Humidity.
Environmental conditions for storage & transport:
-10 to +50 degrees Centigrade. 0-90% Humidity.