Brand: PFLEX Code: PR-18-A
We apologise this electrode is currently out of stock - we are waiting on our new shipment . Supply of many products is being affected due to interuptions to manufacturing and freight caused by Covid. An alternative electrode is the PR-02A . If you would like to be notifed when the PR-18A is back in stock please info [at] pelvicfloorexercise.com.au (subject: Please%20inform%20me%20when%20PR-18A%20is%20back%20in%20stock) (EMAIL US)
Life-care Vaginal Probe PR-18A
- This vaginal electrode replaces the Veriprobe which is no longer available
- Side - positioned electrode contact plates designed to make contact with the levator ani (deep layer of pelvic floor muscles) on the right and left sides when inserted in the vagina
- Flange makes fit and positioning easy
- Rounded end
- Lightweight, hollow construction
Life-care vaginal electrode is suitable for use with the Pericalm , Pelvitone, Continence and TENS electrical stimulation devices.
It can also be used with the Peritone and Simplex EMG biofeedback devices .
Vaginal Insertion and Use:
- Usually easiest lying on your back with knees bent comfortably but can be inserted and used in side lying
- For best contact with the muscles to be stimulated, the electrode plates should be facing your hips (ie left and right) not your tailbone and pubic bone unless advised by your treating health professional.
- Use a small amount of water-based lubricant to assist insertion and contact such as YES , Sylk or Optilube
- Only insert the body of the electrode, the flange at the end where the leads exit the electrode MUST remain outside the vagina.
- During a contraction of the pelvic floor muscles when the stimulation machine is active you should feel the end of the probe dipping downwards towards your tailbone (feel via the flange)
- The sensation should be a strong buzzing type sensation, not painful. It may take you a few sessions to get used to the feeling before you can turn it up to elicit a contraction.
- Even without a contraction being elicited initially, the sensory input of the stimulation will help to reconnect your pelvic floor with the sensory and motor cortexes in the brain
Care of your electrode:
- Please handle your electrode with care, the wires in the leads are delicate.
- Insert and remove via the flange, NOT the leads.
- DO NOT wrap the leads around the electrode when storing.
- Clean your electrode before and after each use with warm soapy water. Let it dry and return it to its plastic bag and store in a safe dry place.
The Life-care vaginal electrode is designed for single person use and should not be autoclaved. It is manufactured from medical grade materials but not in guaranteed sterile conditions and we therefore recommend cleaning before initial use.
Do not use if pregnant, during your period, or if you have a vaginal infection.
Before using electrical stimulation for the pelvic floor check here for further contraindications.
The metal electrodes contain a percentage of Nickel which may cause an allergic reaction in case of oversensitivity for Nickel.
The Life-care plus Gold plated PR-02A is suitable for those with nickel allergies
for 2mm diameter pins
length 87 mm, diameter 26 mm
METAL ELECTRODES CONTAIN A PERCENTAGE OF NICKEL. THIS MAY CAUSE AN ALLERGIC REACTION IN THE CASE OF OVERSENSITIVITY TO NICKEL
PVC over tinsel
Warranty: 3 month
Wash after use with soap and water and store dry.
Single patient use only.