Brand: Contiform Code: 16270
For the management of stress urinary incontinence
Designed by an Australian gynaecologist, Contiform is a revolutionary product for incontinence that is softly contoured and worn discreetly and comfortably inside the vagina. Contiform stops wetness by supporting the urethra and restoring the body's natural anatomy.
Contiform can easily be inserted in the privacy of your home. It compresses down and is inserted into the vagina in much the same way as you would insert a tampon. It can be worn all day, every day if you experience stress incontinence (SUI) when coughing, sneezing, laughing and during everyday activities or you can just wear it during activities that cause you to leak, such as exercising.
Check with your Health Professional before using Contiform if you:
* are leaking constantly
* have had any form of bladder surgery
* suffer from a previously diagnosed condition affecting the bladder.
We recommend you also see a health professional for guidance in treatment to help strengthen your pelvic floor.
You will notice there is a small split in your Contiform when you first open it. This is supposed to be there and allows you to bend the device in order to insert it correctly.
Contiform has been manufactured with the split on the inside of the collar to reduce excess pressure on the bladder neck and avoid any possibility of obstruction to the urinary flow. The split will appear when you first fold the device, this does not affect its efficacy. Depending on the frequency of use, the split will gradually lengthen until it reaches over the top of the collar. This is an indication the device needs to be replaced.
Contiform is an excellent option for:
- active women who find they only leak during exercise e.g. jogging, netball
- managing stress urinary incontinence whilst working on a pelvic floor strengthening programme
- women who have improved their pelvic floor muscle tone to the point where they only experience leakage in certain conditions, like exercise, where Contiform can provide effective protection.
- can also be used successfully by new mothers, although not within two months of delivery.
WHEN NOT TO USE CONTIFORM :
- During sexual intercourse
- If you are pregnant
- If you have any vaginal infections such as thrush
- If you have any vaginal erosions or soreness
- If you have cystitis (bladder infection) or UTI (urinary tract infection)
- If you are using an IUD (speak to your doctor. This precaution is in case you accidentally pull your IUD out when removing Contiform and extra caution needs to be taken)
- Within 2 months of having a baby.
- If you have a POP (pelvic organ prolapse) Contiform is not designed for use as a pessary. A small prolapse may allow comfortable insertion, however a large prolapse will prevent correct insertion. If you are able to retain a tampon then you should be able to use Contiform.
** You should not use Contiform if you : have had sling surgery for stress incontinence or have had vaginal mesh inserted.; leak constantly; have had any form of bladder surgery or suffer from a previously diagnosed condition affecting the bladder.
Check first with your doctor
If you experience any irritation or vaginal discharge during use, remove Contiform and contact your health professional.
Contiform is easy and comfortable to use once you have found the size that is right for you. Some women find, just like using tampons for the first time, that it may take a little practise to get used to.
Because everyone is different, all three sizes are included in the Starter Pack. This allows you to determine the size which is most suitable. Once you know this, you can order replacements in your size.
To determine the size for you:
- first try the Medium size from the Starter Pack
- once inserted it should feel comfortable like a well fitted tampon does.
- it should prevent leakage
- if it doesn't feel comfortable or you have difficulty emptying your bladder when you are wearing it, swap to the smaller size
- alternatively, try the Large if the Medium is comfortable but you find that you're still leaking
- The manufacturer suggests that first time users have Contiform fitted by a professional continence nurse or physiotherapist to ensure it is inserted and fitted correctly.
CLEANING AND CARE OF YOUR CONTIFORM:
- Contiform must be removed at least once every 24 hours for cleaning but preferably remove before going to bed.
- It should be washed with warm water and non-perfumed soap after each use.
- Do not boil or place Contiform in the miocrowave during cleaning as this will reduce its effectiveness.
- After washing, dry Contiform thoroughly.
One Contiform can be used for up to 45 days (or longer if used infrequently) depending on how often you use it, before it needs to be replaced. The device needs to be replaced when the split on the inside extends up over the top of the device.
The manufacturer also recommends that you use the removal ribbon that is included with each Contiform pack as it makes removing Contiform easier. However you can also remove with a clean index finger inserted into the vagina.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Contiform replacement pessary size LARGE
- Removal ribbon
- Instruction leaflet
Please see HERE for answers to FAQ
*Regretfully we are unable to supply this product to the US as it is yet to gain FDA approval
One each of Small, Medium and Large are included in Starter Pack
Single individual sizes available in Replacement Packs
If you experience any irritation or vaginal discharge during use, remove Contiform and contact your health professional.Care: