Inside Out: the essential women's guide to pelvic support
by Michelle Kenway, with Dr Judith Goh.
AUD$19.95 (inc GST)
An outstanding innovative guide for improving pelvic support, bladder control and staying active, from physio Michelle Kenway and urgynaecologist Dr Judith Goh.
Written specifically for women of 40 and beyond, this excellent book provides the reader with the tools she needs to improve fitness, lose weight, tone up and regain control of her body safely, whilst protecting her pelvic floor. With heaps of practical information, and easy-to-follow exercises, the book is an essential starting point for women who want to regain control of their bodies from the Inside Out.
Learn how to:
- Build a firm, supportive pelvic floor
- Improve your bladder control
- Strengthen your pelvic floor muscles
- Exercise and protect your pelvic floor
- Lose weight and improve your pelvic floor
- Control your abdominal area and gain a flatter-looking stomach
- Safely tone and strengthen your whole body
- Boost your fitness and stay active
- Exercise with confidence and feel great about yourself
- A questionnaire to determine your pelvic floor risk
- A 6-minute daily pelvic floor workout
- Stories from women who exercised and regained control
- Core exercises for pelvic control and support
- 10 “Pelvic Floor Protection Principles” for strength training
- Safe step-by-step strength exercises
- Expert tips and guidelines to lose fat, get fit and tone up
- How to identify exercise which may injure your pelvic floor
- A pelvic floor checklist for exercise success.
About the authors:
- Michelle Kenway is a consulting physiotherapist at Mater Private
Hospital—Redlands Women’s Health Unit, Queensland. She is a highly qualified and
experienced private practitioner, women’s exercise instructor and educational
- Dr Judith Goh is a Urogynaecologist based at Greenslopes Private
Hospital, Brisbane, and Professor, School of Medicine Griffith University Queensland.
Benefit from the combined professional knowledge of these two outstanding Australian practitioners, packaged in this valuable new book. Essential reading for all women in their 40s and beyond.
Many of t he exercises in Inside Out require the use of a gymball (otherwise known as exercise ball, medicine ball, fitball, swiss ball etc) .
If you do not already own a gymball, we suggest that the Australian-made balls available from Logical Fitness, available in a range of sizes, strengths and colours, offer the AntiBurst and other safety features that are important to your successful and safe exercising.