The small rechargeable InControl unit is pre-programmed with three programs of different frequency: 10Hz and 35Hz and a combined 10-35Hz program. All three programs can be used at varying levels of intensity, giving the user complete control over the unit's power. In use, the electrical stimulation creates a tingling sensation that should never be uncomfortable.
The InControl is has three preset programs to treat
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urge Incontinence
- Mixed stress and urge incontinence
The manufacturer's suggested timetable for use covers all three programs, and clearly spell out how to use the InControl to achieve maxmimum benefit. Research indicates that different frequencies are beneficial for the symptoms of stress and urge incontinence. Two of the three programs of the InControl provide stimulation at these two separate frequencies and in the third program, the device operates across the range between the two frequencies.
Wires from the control unit are connected to a metal and plastic vaginal probe, with a base that sits outside the vulva when the probe is inserted. The vaginal probe can be cleaned in hot soapy water.
Although the manufacturer recommends an 8 week program, they do also state that severe cases can take much longer, and in these circumstances, the program may need to be undertaken a second time.
The InControl comes complete with a vaginal electrode and everything else required to use it immediately. Each pack consists of:
- 1 x InControl pulse generator unit
- 1 x Internal vaginal electrode (Veriprobe model)
- 1 x Safety treatment cable
- 1 x EziStim® battery recharger
- 1 x InControl user guide
- 1 x Pre-gelled, self-adhesive disposable external electrode set, for use on the lower back and perineal areas (Please note that the InControl is a single channel unit and therefore only one electrode can be connected at one time; users can choose to use either the vaginal electrode OR the adhesive electrodes during a treatment session. Most users treating pelvic floor weakness will prefer to use the vaginal electrode most of the time.)
The InControl Rechargeable delivers 20v more power than the battery version and offers the convenience and economy of not having to replace batteries.
The InControl is included in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods and no GST is payable. This InControl Rechargeable carries a 12 month manufacturer's warranty.
The recommended retail price of the InControl Rechargeable is $259. Our price is $239.95.
View the manufacturer's user manual here (PDF 2MB).
The InControl is not currently available in a combo pack.